Plan on the Web
Instead of publishing our plan in typical paper fashion, we chose
to create a state of the art web site. You can find it at www.ci.lenexa.ks.us
then go to quick links and comprehensive plan. It certainly is a very
different approach to publishing a plan, but one that we think works
quite well. If you get time, we would like to know your assessment
of its content and functionality. So far our customers have been very
pleased with the simplicity of the site, as well as its depth of technical
information, particularly the ability to view and print a number of
important maps. I look forward to hearing from you.
Brant Gaul, Planner III
City of Lenexa, Kansas
Nice job. I'm convinced the web is the key to improving communication
with our customers and reducing costs. Some of your detailed maps
are dynamite. I do have a few suggestions as follows:
1. You say go to "quick links and comprehensive plan." Instead
I went to "Vision 2020" which is evidentially something
else. Why not replace the "Vision 2020" listing with "Comprehensive
2. Although having the Plan on the web is essential, I also suggest
you have a printed copy available because:
- Some citizens don't have Internet access.
- At times, hard copy is actually easier to use than the web.
3. I found it hard to see the overall theme of the Plan, i.e., the
big ideas. Can they be pulled out and made easier to find?
Keep up the good work.-very impressive.